The plastic industry in eastern India is growing at the rate of 9% per annum as against 14% national average.
The per capita consumption of plastics in the eastern Region is still one third of the national consumption of 8 Kg. The poses a tremendous growth potential for the eastern region.
Eastern India will have a strategic advantages in the near future as both upcoming upstream and downstream in the region coupled with lower power cost and investor-friendly IPR announced by the state govt.
The up coming IOCL petrochemicals complex at Paradeep, Assam Gas Cracker Project and Brahmaputra Cracker & Polymer Limited, along with the existing Haldia Petrochemicals, would eventually play major role in shifting the focus of plastic industry to eastern state of India and become the hub for future growth pushed by supply driven demand growth.
“The region will also have strategic advantages in the near future as both upstream and downstream is coming up in the region coupled with lower labour cost and investor-friendly approach by most state goverments of the region. The Assam Gas Cracker Project and Brahmaputra Cracker & Polymer Limited, along with the proposed petrochemical complex of the IOCL in the Paradeep in Odisha, would prove to be the potential game-changers and in shifting the focus of plastic industry to eastern states of India and become the hub for future growth”.
Objectives Of Exhibitions
1. The scope for investment in Eastern India’s plastic industry is tremendous.
2. To encourage investment in the plastic sector in Eastern and North Eastern India.
3. Sale of products in the world’s fastest developing economy.
4. Live demonstration of machinery and equipment.
5. Access to latest technological developments and best practices in plastics.
6. Demonstration of how plastic is an indispensable part of our everyday life.
7. Demonstration of how plastic is an indispensable part of our everyday life.
8. Providing a platform for knowledge sharing on new innovations in the plastic sector.
9. Showcase Odisha as an advantaged destination for plastics industry.
10. Explore investment prospect in the plastic sector.
11. Find potential buyers & Sellers of products & services.
12. Sharing of knowledge and new innovations in the plastic sector.
13. Industry Networking.